Global health governance: a sub-domain of global political and economic governance
In my presentation at PHA4, I argued
- We face a crisis in global health. This crisis has been curated by the prevailing regime of global governance, including global health governance.
- Global health governance is not independent of the broader structures of economic and political governance; it is a sub-domain of global governance
- The crisis in global health arises, in part, from the instabilities of the global economy and also from the neoliberal regime imposed through the structures of global governance to manage those instabilities.
- The neoliberal regime is contested and unstable: this instability presents new risks and new opportunities.
- Critical engagement with global health governance is a key pillar of PHM strategy.
View this presentation on line in PDF format here.
Download PPTX version here